May 22, 2018
Welcome to join us on Saturday, 26th May 2018, to celebrate Volvo Museum Day. Doors will open at 11am and the whole museum will be buzzing with a whole host of exciting activities until 4pm.
Some of the highlights Museum guests will experience include:
– Iron Knight – Volvo’s world-record breaking heavy truck will pay us a visit for one day only. Iron Knight shot to fame in 2016 when the 2,400-horsepower vehicle became the fastest truck in the world, racing from 0-60mph in only 4.6 seconds! Find out what it feels like to drive such a beautiful beast in our simulator.
– Roger Moore’s P1800 ‘ST1’ – The vehicle which Sir Roger Moore owned, and which his character Simon Templar drove in the iconic British 1960s thriller series ‘The Saint’, will be on show all day.
– Free guided tours – at 12 and 2pm. Please sign-up in the Reception upon arrival.
– A Bouncy castle for the kids.
– Musical entertainment by Vier Brillen – Hisingens Nationalorkester. The band will entertain from 1-1.45pm.
The Museum Day will also see the unveiling of our new exhibition, ‘Volvo Duett, Serving Society’. “We are very excited to showcase the Duett, which has played an important role in so many different professions,” says Sören Nyeboe, director of Museum. Read more about ‘Volvo Duett, Serving Society’ here. As always, you can easily get to the Museum by car or public transport. We will also be running a free, hourly shuttle between Eketrägatan and the Museum for the entire duration of the Museum Day.
Hope to see you there!